In order to provide a refund to Customers, you can initiate the process in the Seller portal. You are responsible for initiating all refunds. As such, if a Customer reaches out to AnytownUSA to discuss a return or a refund, they will be directed to you.
All returns will be sent by the Customer directly back to you
- You will need to specify in your shop policies which party, Customer or Seller, is responsible for return shipping
You have up to six (6) months from the date the order was placed to initiate a refund to a Customer in the Seller portal
- After six (6) months, the ability to provide a refund for an order in the portal will expire and no longer be available
You will have the option to provide full refund or refund the amount of one of items on the order. At this time we cannot do a partial refund.
- It is up to you to determine whether or not to refund any shipping costs initially paid by the Customer for returned items
You will need to indicate the reason for the return and/or refund in the Seller portal
- The reason indicated for the return and/or refund will be included on both Seller and Customer communications
In the case of a return, it is suggested that you wait to have the returned item in their possession before initiating a refund
Timing of refund
If there are insufficient funds in the your account to cover the amount of the refund, the account will go into a negative balance and any subsequent payments into the your account, from AnytownUSA, will offset the negative balance
- If a refund is initiated within 14 days of the order being shipped, the Seller payment hold period is still in effect and AnytownUSA via Splash Payments will fund the return according to the amount indicated by the Seller in the portal
- If a refund is initiated after the 14-day hold period, your account will be debited the amount of the refund they are responsible for
AnytownUSA will refund commission according to the amount refunded to the Customer
- If the entire amount is refunded, AnytownUSA will refund the entire commission
- If a partial amount (the amount of one item on the order) is refunded, AnytownUSA will refund the commensurate commission amount
- If shipping costs are partially or entirely refunded, AnytownUSA will also refund the commensurate commission amount on the shipping fee
Note: At this time, it is AnytownUSA’s policy to pay any transaction fees related to the refund. If a Seller has what is deemed in the judgement of AnytownUSA to be an excessive amount of refunds, AnytownUSA and Splash Payments reserve the right to, and may, suspend both the Seller’s AnytownUSA and Splash Payments accounts. Additionally, AnytownUSA reserves the right to transfer responsibility for transaction fees on returns to the Seller at any time.