A chargeback may occur when a Customer reports an unwanted or unauthorized charge to their credit card account and the credit card provider returns the funds to the Customer’s credit card. The credit card company will then give AnytownUSA the opportunity to investigate and possibly dispute the chargeback by providing us with the transaction details and the reason for the chargeback.
We will investigate all chargebacks and will require the cooperation of you in the investigation. You have five (5) business days to respond to all inquiries by AnytownUSA related to chargebacks. If you fail to respond and assist in the investigation, AnytownUSA reserves the right to issue a refund on your behalf from the your account.
If after the investigation the dispute is found to be valid, a refund will be issued on the your behalf from the your account.
In all chargeback instances, you may be liable for the $30 chargeback fee.
While chargebacks cannot be completely avoided, some steps can be taken to limit and help protect Sellers:
- Respond to all Customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Fulfill all obligations regarding the descriptions, product details, and images for all products uploaded to AnytownUSA.com
- Provide accurate order processing and shipping timeframes
- Resolve Customer issues before they potentially turn into a chargeback situation
- Update the order status accurately and enter package tracking information
- Retain valid proof of shipment and if available, delivery confirmation
- Clearly publish all relevant shipping, return, refund, and exchange policies
AnytownUSA.com reserves the right to seek reimbursement from a Seller:
- If we discover erroneous or duplicate transactions from the same Seller
- If AnytownUSA deems a refund to a customer is appropriate
AnytownUSA may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by the Seller by deducting funds from their account or from future payments to the Seller, or by any other lawful means.